Sunday, September 13, 2015

On our way to KS





The MTC has been full of learning and roll playing but Friday came and at 3:15pm. was time to go pick up Angie and head to KS. A quick good bye with my grandads. Its hard when Tate is so tiny I just want to hold him. I will truly miss all my sons and daughters and grand children.
By 5:00 Angie and I were on our was to Kansas. We made it to Grand Junction the first night by 11:30pm. There was many hotels but they were all full. They said it was because of Peach day.   We ended up in a hotel on the wrong side of town because there simply was not a room to be had. The hotel managers were calling other hotels for use with no luck. We stayed in a hotel so bad I didn't bring my suitcase in because I was afraid of what might crawl in it while were sleeping. We did not take a shower the ceiling was covered in mold. The blankets had cigarette holes in them and was not clean. Angie's sheet had a brown spot on it we hoped it was chocolate and not something else. But I was tired so I had no trouble sleeping.  We woke and left quickly. That nightmare of a hotel cost us $79.00 they knew they could charge it because there was nothing else available. $5.00 would have been asking a lot for it. (It really should have been condemned)  Oh well I am sure they needed the money.
We found Don and Lucylle and had a nice visit. (lucylle is moms (Shirley's) sister). Don and Lucylle seem to enjoy there little apartment and it is very nice. It is a very nice assisted living housing. After the visit and a bite to eat we were off again.
Thank goodness I brought plenty of money because when I went to pay for gas no credit card worked. It was the weekend so calling didn't help. I found out you must tell the Bank if you are going to another state because they assume some one has taken my cards. Since I never go any where out of Utah they were sure it was not me using the card. But since I had plenty of money it was no big deal but it could have been. We made it to Kansas for the next night sleep. Angie called a hotel head for reservation to make sure we did not have the same problem as the night before. When we got there it looked a thousand times better. But when Angie pulled down the sheets she saw a big cockroach running away. (Is this preparing me for thinks to come?) After showering  and a good night sleep we were off again. We had bought some thing to eat the night before so we didn't have to go to a restaurant on Sunday. We made it to Burlington my new home in time for most of RS. We met many people all very nice. Then we were off to see my brother Jerome who is on a mission only 1 hour and a half from me in Burlington. We had a little problem getting there but we had a wonderful Dinner and visit with Jerome and Linda. They are enjoying their mission and doing a lot of good in Mound city KS. Then once again we where on our way back to Burlington. Since it was Sunday we didn't really do anything but fix our beds so we could sleep.  In the morning we put a few things  away did a little cleaning in the kitchen. Then met up with Sister Garner my company for one month until she goes home she lives in a different house then me. The house I was first told I would be living in.  Sister Garner, Angie and I headed to Wichita Airport so Angie could fly home. We shopped and had lunch a long the way. But for Angie it was mostly just a driving trip. She seen many corn fields along the way. As we neared the airport I got a little emotional until then I was fine but this was my final person connected to home. Once again I realize how much love and will miss my family and all my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment