Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chiggers and other things

Chiggers, tree mites, fleas oh my! In the wizard of Oz Dorthy says: lions and tigers and bears oh my! I hear they do have a yellow brick road but I have not been to the town that has it. Nor have I seen lions or tigers or bears but then she was not in Kansas at that point in the movie. Any way my first statement is something we do encounter since I have been in Kansas. Chiggers, tree mites and fleas. Chiggers are in the grass here and so that is why you don't lay on the lawns here. When you get bit it makes you itch like crazy! Thank goodness for my essential oils they help a lot.  It is starting to get colder so we do not have the problems as much now. Fleas they tell me are in the grass also but I don't know if that is true. Everyone seems to have dogs when we go visiting which we do for usually 3 or so hours a day.  Tree mites fall from the trees when the wind blows and they bite you also. The last couple of weeks I don't seem to have a itching spot on my body which is very unusual.
There are also bed bugs one of the Elders here was cover in bite which was driving him crazy. They had to come in and spray but he was miserable for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment